Location address: – Sale Waterside
Salary Grade: – Band 5
Trafford Council are looking to recruit an Exchequer Services Officer, ideally experienced in business rates, to administer the more complex transactional activities within the Exchequer Service section, and to monitor performance to ensure that legislation and policies are adhered to.
- To interpret business rates legislation and advise on complex and difficult cases, ensuring accuracy, confidentiality and security of data processed including adherence to the Data Protection Act (or relevant legislation).
- To ensure resolution of complex business rate enquiries, complaints from customers and their representatives whether face to face, by telephone or letter
- To supervise the administration and workload of the business rates team ensuring accurate billing, collection and enforcement is carried out in a timely and consistent manner
- To manage the performance (service, productivity and quality) of a team of Support Officers delivering day-to day services.
- To monitor and evaluate the performance levels within the team with a view to identifying ways of improving performance levels.
The successful candidate should have at least 12 months experience of working within a Revenues team.
Note that although the current post is within the business rates section the job role is generic and therefore the successful candidate must be willing to work in any of the Exchequer Services functions.
Anyone wishing to be considered for this post needs to complete the application via the Greater.jobs website should clearly detail how you meet the job requirements.
If you would like further information about this role please contact
Paul Kelly on 0161 912 4738 or email firstname.lastname@example.org