We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Team Leader to join our Income Team, managing a team of staff responsible for the billing and collection of Council Tax, Business Rates, Sundry Income and overpaid Housing Benefits.
As Income Team Leader, you will:
- Plan the team’s workload and manage individual as well as team performance
- Carry out appraisals and one-to-ones whilst motivating and training staff
- Analyse income collection and trends
- Draft income collection and review timetables
- Communicate effectively with customers and staff dealing with technical and complex queries.
- Liaise with internal departments as well as external organisations and agencies
- Prepare and represent Solihull Council at Court and Tribunal hearings
You will have:
- Experience working for a local authority in Revenue & Benefits at a supervisory level.
- Experience dealing with all aspects of staff’s performance, management of attendance and monthly reviews
- Experience of dealing with complex enquiries covering Council Tax, Business Rates, Sundry Income or overpaid Housing Benefits.
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to manage the workload of yourself and others.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate complex information both verbally and in writing.
In return, we can offer a varied and challenging role with a wide scope of responsibilities in our Income and Awards service. We offer a friendly working environment with a range of flexible working options, a generous annual leave entitlement and being based in Solihull Town Centre gives you the opportunity to make use of some of our attractive staff discounts.
To apply, please click on this link Income Team Leader SOL2935 | wmjobs.co.uk
If you have a specific questions or require further information regarding this post, please contact Richard Lowe, Team Manager on 0121 704 6216.
This is a two stage interview process, and initial online assessments will take place week commencing 3rd June from which successful candidates will be invited to interview. Interviews will be held on 27th June 2019.