LGSS – Milton Keynes Council
LGSS in partnership with Milton Keynes Council is looking for experienced Systems Analyst. Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you’re looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.
As a key member of the team, you’ll maintain and administer the IT and procedural systems that underpin our Revenues & Benefits Service for our Milton Keynes or Horsham sites. You’ll load and test a wide range of new software releases, ensuring maximum system availability at all times. We’ll also rely on you to generate statutory documentation, run subsidy and cash data for government returns and reconcile all output to ensure its accuracy.
Technically minded and numerate, the successful candidate will have significant experience of working in Revenues & Benefits administration and ideally experience of working with IT systems administration – particularly with regard to the implementation and management of information systems. You have high-level IT skills too, ideally supported by experience of administering Northgate or Capita Revenues & Benefit systems and Information@Work.
- Maintaining and administering the IT systems used by the Revenues and Benefits Service
- Dealing with system queries from users, and helping them use the systems effectively.
- Managing the loading and testing of software releases
- Controlling annual billing for Council Tax and NNDR, year-end rollover and the Benefits annual uprating process.
- Reconciling financial and statistical data and investigating discrepancies
- Ensuring the system correctly produces subsidy, cash and statistical data for government returns
- Completing data protection and FOI requests
- Providing system support on projects and service improvements.
Experience, Qualifications and any Mandatory Requirements
- GCSE English & Maths grade A – C, or equivalent
- IT literate in Microsoft applications
- Experience in Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction and Revenues processing activities
- Experience of systems administration on the Northgate or Capita Revenues & Benefits systems and Information@Work.
- IT skills to a level which will enable effective management of the implementation and monitoring of computerised information systems
- Evidence of having organised and arranged methods of collecting considerable amounts of data
- Proven aptitude for and experience of working with numbers / financial calculations
- Able to build effective working relationships at all levels and achieve co-operation from others
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
- Ability to work accurately and under pressure, and able to plan and prioritise work
- Understanding and ability to work to relevant procedures and policies
- Respectful of the sensitivity of service data and able to operate with integrity and using professional judgement at all times
- Strong commitment to equality of opportunity, diversity and promoting the rights of minority and under-represented groups, in employment and via the Service
- A flexible approach to the working environment and a willingness to work outside of normal office hours when necessary.
Milton Keynes Council Benefits
Use your skills to benefit the local community and experience a rewarding, interesting environment and attractive employment package such as:
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates
- A generous minimum holiday entitlement of 27 days per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Option to buy more annual leave
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Excellent in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management
- Flexibility – with full time, part time and term time working options
- Fair pay and a commitment to a minimum Living Wage
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings including retail, travel and leisure discounts as well as a suite of salary sacrifice benefits.
At Milton Keynes Council we take great pride in our Community and we hope that you can help us grow and share our vision.
For further enquiries or an informal chat about the role please contact Elna Ball, Transformation Project Manager, on 01908 253496 or email@example.com
To Apply: For more information and to apply online, visit our website at https://www.milton-keynes.gov.uk/jobs-careers
Salary range: £24,799 to £28,785
Hours: 37 full time
Closing Date: 7th April 2019