NB19/12 Revenues Officer
37 Hours per week, Grade 7 scp 22-25 £21,074 per annum
The Revenues and Benefits Service provides vital statutory services to the Council in the assessment and collection of Council Tax and Business Rates and assessment and payment of Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support. These are challenging times in Revenues and Benefits due to
- increased pressure to maintain our high collection rates
- the continued requirement to process benefit applications accurately and quickly
- the application of different charging polices
- changing customer expectations
- Welfare reform changes and the introduction of Universal Credit.
In order to meet these challenges we are looking to appoint two Revenues Officers to assist with the billing, collection and enforcement of Council Tax.
A knowledge of relevant legislation and a desire to provide excellent customer service would be an advantage.
For an informal chat about these posts please contact Lorraine Johnson on 01743 257784.
To apply please go to https://shropirejobs.engageats.co.uk