For the full job listing please visit
Job Title Revenue Officer (Recovery)
Linked Grade: W1 – W3
Team: Revenues, Benefits and Customer Services
Function: Council Tax and Business Rates
Responsible to: Revenues Team Manager
To be responsible for all aspects of the administration of the Council Tax & Business Rates recovery.
US - An Innovative, Proactive and Effective Council
- We will look ahead and along with our partners seek opportunities to shape and improve the services provided to the community, by:
- communicating well, listening to the community and working with others to deliver services efficiently and effectively;
- developing the skills and behaviours of our employees and making the best use of resources (money, people, assets) to deliver services;
- giving clear messages about the boundaries within which we expect our employees to work, encouraging them to take ownership and empowering them to take measured risks when taking action or making decisions within those boundaries.
- To provide the service in accordance with the Council’s Vision & Values statements.
- To work effectively with colleagues in delivering a high quality service through excellent team working and good communication.
- To provide excellent customer service.
- To work in a flexible manner and be willing to undertake other duties as reasonably requested, including outside of office hours.
- Adoption and development of new ways of working.
- Ensure the recovery cycle is followed and completed for Council Tax and Business Rates accounts for all stages of recovery, including post liability order action.
- Analyse and monitor post liability order actions including Bailiff case selection and review, Committal, Bankruptcy proceedings, Charging Orders, Warrant Service and other actions, as required.
- Attend and take Council Tax recovery actions through the Magistrates Court, including preparation for Liability Order and Committals.
- Assist in the preparation and serving of Committal Warrants.
- Liaise with external bodies such as bailiff companies, bankruptcy solicitors and valuation officers, as required.
- Conduct office interviews and deal promptly and courteously with all forms of communication with the general public in accordance with the Councils Customer Care Code and other agreed guidelines.
- To assist, as required, in activities relating to the collection of Council Tax.
- Any other duties at a level appropriate to the post, as requested by the Business Manager or Revenue Team Manager.