We are currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Revenues Officer to join our busy team based in the town centre, offering a salary of £28,694 - £34,793 per annum, dependent on experience.
The main duties of the role include:
- Direct line manager to a team currently consisting of 4 Revenues Officers, responsible for Council Tax billing and collection
- Deputise to the Revenues Team Manager
- Carry out staff appraisals and monitor staff performance
- Provide training to new and existing staff in the Revenues, Benefits & Customer Service team
- Maintain procedure documents
- Keep up to date with changes to software, policy and legislation. Keep staff informed and updated of these changes
- Deal with appeals and complaints
- Represent the Council at Valuation Tribunals
- Assist in activities relating to the collection of Council Tax and Business Rates
Due to the nature of the role, applicants must have previous experience in this or a similar role within local government. Applicants must have excellent communication, be discreet and tactful, confident and able to work independently and within a team.
Woking Borough Council offers in return a competitive salary, membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme, flexible working arrangements, pleasant open plan working environment at the Civic Offices and excellent career opportunities exist for committed individuals. Further benefits are detailed in the job pack.
Upon successful completion of the probationary period, you will have the oppetunity to study for a specialist professional qualification, such as those awarded by the IRRV.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Terry Stocks, Revenues Team Manager, on 01483 743231.
To apply for this role and view the full job description, please click here.