Looking for your next step?
(Revenues and Benefits)
Perm, 37hrs contract with Fenland Council
Salary £36,153 to £41,846
We have an exciting opportunity at Anglia Revenues Partnership!
Your main responsibilities will include leading and managing the ARP Benefits & Council Tax billing teams to administer the assessment of Housing Benefit claims and Council Tax liability including Council Tax Support Schemes, Exemptions, Discounts, DWP Subsidy returns, Appeals, Reminders and Liaison functions. You will ensure that Universal Credit is properly implemented in partnership with DWP and all financial controls are in place to comply with legislative and procedural requirements to achieve key performance indicators.
You must be able to travel and work within the ARP locations and the role will be based at Thetford.
Key Requirements of the roles:
- In depth knowledge of Council Tax, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Support and DHP legislation, guidance and case law to be able to deal with complex cases and customer enquiries.
- Knowledge of the procedures and processes within Revenues and Benefits, to minimize potential for fraud and make changes required to reduce it wherever possible and that suspected fraud is reported.
- Able to manage the monitoring, reconciling and balancing of Benefit Subsidy, ensuring it is compiled and submitted accurately and in time to meet Government, Council and legislative requirements.
- Can work on own initiative and be proactive for service delivery to meet ARP Strategic Plan and projects, produce statistical data and management reports
- A minimum of 3 years experience of managing teams, including recruitment, performance management, health and safety, developing multi-sited teams, embedding matrix working, conducting formal appraisals, team communications and personally champion a culture where all staff are valued and feel part of a culture of openness and inclusivity.
- Ensure that records held, and the way they are processed by staff, meets requirements set by the General Data Protection Regulations and Freedom of Information Acts, ensuring that sensitive key customer data is always kept secure and confidential.
- Excellent communication, ICT, numeracy and literacy skills to be able to respond to complex issues, discussions with Senior Managers and make recommendations to improve service delivery.
- Demonstrate the ARP Operational Values and be able to engage team in displaying positive behaviours.
- Full IRRV or IRRV Technician or equivalent work based experience
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary and pension, benefits scheme, leisure centre discounts
- Rewarding career and further learning & development opportunities
- Opportunity to be involved and a decision maker in Operational Plans and Project
- A role where you can make a real difference to ARP and teams
- Free parking
For an informal discussion, please contact Jo Andrews, Strategic Manager, on 07984 255408.
Please send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org today. Don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing date for applications: 9am Monday 30th July 2018. Interview date 7th August 2018.
Please advise if you are unavailable on 7th August when sending your application to the recruitment email, indicated above.
Find our application form on www.angliarevenues.gov.uk