South Lakeland District Council
Permanent, full-time (37 hours per week), flexi time scheme
Salary scale G (SCP 25 to 28) £23,111 to £25,463
The Council is looking to recruit a Benefits Officer with previous experience in assessing claims for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction and a general knowledge of other welfare benefits.
The duties will include:
- Means tested assessment of claims for Housing Benefit/Council Tax Reduction
- Allocating payments and any overpayments accurately for subsidy purposes
- Re-assessment of entitlement following changes in circumstances and the calculation and recovery of any overpayments of housing benefit
- Dealing with enquiries from claimants both by telephone and in person
- Effective liaison with other organisations (DWP/Citizen Advice Bureau and Landlords)
Homeworking may be considered for the successful candidate.
For further information including the job description, person specification and details of how to apply, please visit us at https://www.southlakeland.gov.uk/your-council/job-vacancies/
We are unable to accept CVs alone for job vacancies, however, they can be attached to the application form.
Candidates that are shortlisted for interview will be informed by email (the email address used to register with our recruitment site).
Closing date for applications: Monday 23 July 2018
Interviews will be held: Wednesday 1 August 2018
South Lakeland District Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
‘’Recruiting talent; Developing skills’’