We are seeking to recruit a Revenues Officer to join the Revenues team. Working within the Shared Revenues Partnership, covering areas of billing, collection and recovery of Council Tax and Non-Domestic Rates for three Local Authorities.
Day to day
Based in Grafton House, Russell Road, Ipswich, you will initially be responsible for maintaining and amending council tax records, making decisions and taking the necessary action against accounts where there is a debt requiring recovery action.
You will be corresponding with customers, resolving their queries and providing explanations and clarification of decisions, giving in depth advice and guidance relating to legislation, policies and procedures.
- 2 years’ qualitative experience and either 1 A level or 5 GCSEs (including Maths and English) or an NVQ level 3 in a related field
- Up to date knowledge of Revenues legislation or experience within a similar field
- Experience of billing and collecting debts
- Experience of using Revenues and Benefits software systems
- Ability to organise, prioritise, analyse and work on your own initiative
- Ability to approach work flexibly with a can-do attitude
- Good communication skills and a strong customer focus
For more information about this role please contact Mrs Brain on 01473 432652 or via email at email@example.com
Please download a Job Pack for more information regarding this vacancy.
Closing Date 5pm on 01/07/2018 .
Interviews will be held on 17/07/2018. The selection process will be an interview.
How to apply: You will need to Login or Sign Up for to My Ipswich to complete the Online Application Form for this vacancy. This will then be saved in your ‘My Requests’ records. When completing your application you should refer to any experience you have in relation to the criteria mentioned in the Person Specification.