£45,602 to £49,402 pa inclusive
Full-time 37 hours per week
Watford Borough Council, Town Hall
Sunday, 25 February 2018 (midnight)
Three Rivers District Council is located in South West Hertfordshire and straddles the north west corner of the M25 on the edge of Greater London. The district is a mixture of beautiful countryside, villages and small towns. The area has a diverse range of sectors and businesses and is a centre for the film industry with Warner Brothers at Leavesden.
What we are looking for:
Are you an experienced Benefits Manager, with a proven track record of leadership and delivering an effective, customer focused service? We are looking for someone to lead and manage our Benefits service, and ensure that our high standards are maintained.
You will play a role in defining and leading the future strategy and development of the benefits service, as well as managing the day to day operations delivered. You must be able to demonstrate a high level of organisational skills, and ability to manage a variety of incoming work.
Successful applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Significant experience of working within a local government environment.
- Strong aptitude for people management, raising employee engagement and developing resilience across teams.
- Extensive knowledge of Housing benefit law and practice,
- The ability to train and develop staff.
- Experience of working in the provision of a local authority benefits service.
- Commitment to quality and performance, and enthusiasm for new initiatives
- A relevant degree or equivalent qualification or continuous relevant experience is essential,
- IRRV technical membership and council tax modules.
A Basic Disclosure check will be carried out for this post
Informal Enquires to: Please call Jane Walker, Head of Revenues & Benefits on 01923 278023
Apply Now: Please go to http://www.threerivers.gov.uk/egcl-page/job-vacancies-at-three-rivers.
Strongly committed to equality of opportunity in employment and in service. We encourage applications from all sectors of the community.