NB17/47 Benefits Officer
The Revenues and Benefits Service provides vital statutory services to the Council in the assessment and collection of Council Tax and Business Rates and assessment and payment of Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support. These are challenging times in Revenues and Benefits due to
- Increased pressure to maintain our high collection rates
- The continued requirement to process benefit applications accurately and quickly
- The application of different charging polices
- Changing customer expectations
- Welfare reform changes and the introduction of Universal Credit.
To help meet these challenges we are looking to appoint a Benefits Officer in order to undertake assessments and payment of Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support. The role will be based in Shirehall.
A good knowledge of Housing Benefit legislation and a desire to provide excellent customer service would be an advantage.
For an informal chat about these posts please contact Leigh Becker on 01743 258978.
To apply online and for further information follow the link below.