Harrow Council is the 12th largest London borough by area and one of the most culturally diverse local authorities in the UK, making it a great place to live, work and visit. Located 10 miles from the city centre and just 13 minutes to Euston from Harrow & Wealdstone station there are great transport links via the Metropolitan Line, Watford DC Line and national rail service. It is easily accessible to the M1, M25 and A406.
This is a fantastic opportunity for 3 x Financial Assessments Officers - Housing Benefits to join the Resources & Commercial, Collections and Benefits. Reporting directly to the Housing Benefits Manager the post holders will contribute to the provision of a high performing customer centred financial assessment service. The post holders will be responsible for delivering financial assistance towards the rent and Council Tax cost for some 20,000 households who are the most vulnerable residents in the Borough.
If you are shortlisted you will be invited for a test and interview planned for week commencing 31/7/17 and 7/8/17 2017.
In addition the post holders will undertake complex financial assessments, recovering overpaid benefits and the prevention and detection of fraud in accordance with Government Regulation and guidance and in full compliance with Council guidelines, policies and procedures.
To be successful in this role you would need to have the below skills & experience:
• Extensive current knowledge and understanding of all relevant benefits legislation and Harrow’s Council Tax Support policy, principles and procedures
• Practical experience of Housing Benefit/Council Tax Benefit/Support assessment work in a back office environment
• Excellent numeracy and literacy skills to at least GCSE / O level standard
• Ability to work in a performance environment and to achieve set targets including for accuracy
• Experience of dealing effectively and courteously with members of the public, especially irate claimants
• Experience of using a PC to update records and extract information
• Ability to develop IT skills to download data and to manipulate it into usable formats
• Willingness to carry out home visits as required
For additional information please refer to the Role Profile/ Selection Criteria:
HARROW REDEPLOYEES WILL BE GIVEN PRIORITY CONSIDERATION
Hours: Permanent, Full-Time, 36 hours
Salary: £24,990 - £26,538
Application deadline: 21 July 2017
Start date: ASAP