If you are shortlisted you will be invited for a test and then interview planned for week commencing 7th August 2017. Part of this process will require a 10 minute presentation details of which will be provided in your invitation to interview.
Harrow Council is the 12th largest London borough by area and one of the most culturally diverse local authorities in the UK, making it a great place to live, work and visit. Located 10 miles from the city centre and just 13 minutes to Euston from Harrow & Wealdstone station there are great transport links via the Metropolitan Line, Watford DC Line and national rail service. It is easily accessible to the M1, M25 and A406.
Harrow Council Collections team is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and ‘can do’ Revenues Team Leader.
As a Revenues Team Leader you would take responsibility for and lead one of two processing teams dealing with the collection of Council Tax, BID’s and Business Rates, allocating work, determining priorities and ensuring that the team is running efficiently whilst maintaining effective collection performance and revenue maximisation.
The post holder will be required to support and assist the Service Manager – Revenues in ensuring the continuous improvement of the service via Harrow’s Performance Management System and taking timely and appropriate action if it appears that individual and service Performance Targets and Standards appear unlikely to be achieved.
The team is actively supporting the authority in meeting budget saving demands and challenging the way that we work and the way we are set up. The successful candidate will require a forward thinking approach with a strong leadership style to support the team and the division on delivering alternative working methods to increase productivity to meet both budget and service objectives.
Skills and Experience:
- Substantial experience of working in a Revenues office in a supervisory role
- In depth knowledge of Revenues legislation and user experience of Northgate and Civica Systems or other Revenues, Document management and workflow systems
- Experience of supporting main billing and Year End rollover, together with relevant knowledge of the importance of parameter setting and timing of runs.
- Experience of project work and reporting incorporating excellent oral, presentation and written communication skills
- Experience of data analysis, modelling and presentation through excel, Business Objects etc
PLEASE VISIT THE COUNCIL WEBSITE TO APPLY