This vacancy is now available within Revenue Services based at The Arc, Clowne. The successful candidate will assist in a multi-functional range of duties relating to the recovery of debts owed to the Council. To be short-listed for interview candidates must possess the following:-
- Good standard of numeracy and literacy skills in order to interpret legislation and technical guidance and apply in practical situations; correspond verbally and in writing to members of the public, businesses and professional organisations; calculate charges; account for payments; prepare court submissions, summons/warrants;
- Have attained or be willing to work towards IRRV Level 3 Certificate.
- Demonstrable evidence/knowledge of Local Government Finance Act 1988 and 1992; Data Protection Act: Freedom of Information Act; Council Tax/Non Domestic Rates legislation; Crime and Disorder Act; Magistrates Courts Regulations; Bankruptcy, Individual Voluntary Arrangements and Liquidations;
- Proven practical experience of working within a Revenues Department of a Local Authority covering all or any of the following – non domestic rates; magistrates court procedures; recovery and bankruptcy; sundry debtors; council tax, benefit overpayments; Bailiff procedures;
- Experience of representing a Council at Court and presenting cases for Hearings
- IT skills e.g. use of Word, Excel etc
- The ability to analyse situations and make decisions, having confidence in own judgement
- The ability to work to competing deadlines and organise effectively tasks and duties
- The ability to work efficiently and effectively within a team environment
- Good communication skills in order to explain complex issues, both verbally and in writing and for presenting cases in court
- The ability to demonstrate initiative in developing new working practices
- Own transport/full current driving licence in order to undertake visits to court. Alternative arrangements may be agreed with applicants with a relevant disability
For an informal chat regarding this vacancy please contact Jane Lapins, Billing and Recovery Manager on 01246 242432.
Our preferred method of application is online at www.bolsover.gov.uk Alternatively you can request an application pack by e-mailing email@example.com. CV's will not be accepted. If you do not have access to the internet contact us by telephone on 01246 242424.
Bolsover District Council is striving for diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.