Our Shared Benefits Service requires an experienced Benefit Assessment Officer to join our team. Apply to join us today.
Benefit Officer (Revenues & Benefits Service), RB014
Grade 5 - £20,723 - £25,549 (Inc Local Weighting)
Based at Wallfields, Hertford, SG13 8EQ.
We are looking for self-motivated professional officers who are committed individuals with a detailed knowledge of Housing Benefit & Council Tax Support legislation and procedures to administer Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support, to provide advice to claimants in writing; face-to-face and over the telephone to a high standard of customer service.
You should have :
- Previous experience of processing Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support claims.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience of achieving/exceeding varied targets in an office environment
- The ability to work under pressure be able to explain complex financial assessments.
- Experience of working on the Academy Benefits system or a similar software computer system.
This is a challenging role and a great opportunity to work in Local Government.
The starting salary of £20,723 will be dependent on your ability and experience.
Your role will be in the Benefits team within the Revenues and Benefits shared service for East Herts and Stevenage Councils.
This post is suitable for home-working – following a satisfactory probationary period
If you need any additional information please contact Theresa Mortimer, Benefits Manager, 01279 502067. Application packs can be found at www.eastherts.gov.uk or call 01279 502117.
Completed forms should be sent to Human Resources. Closing date for applications is Friday 24 March 2017 .
CV’s will not be accepted