Melton Borough Council has a new and exciting opportunity for an ambitious Benefits and Revenues professional who is keen to deliver excellent online services and enjoys the challenge of leadership and cultural change.
The post will be based at our modern office, Parkside in the heart of the rural market town of Melton Mowbray in the East Midlands. The Council is co-located with 11 other partners which makes working with them to them to deliver award winning and innovative service an equally attractive environment in which to work and develop your career.
The role will involve managing a small team made up of Business Analyst, Digital Engagement and Customer Insight to deliver creative and compelling online services which provide the very best experience for the customer. There will be a strong focus on the Benefits service including day to day management of the Benefits Officers and working closely with the Customer Services team in delivering a high performing service.
Ideally you will be IRRV qualified or have suitable equivalent and relevant experience in this field. You will be able to demonstrate working knowledge and best practice in the area of Revenues and Benefits and show commitment to quality and performance. Building successful relationships with our ICT partners including third parties as well as back office service professionals will be key in driving forward and delivering the change.
This role will involve a high degree of customer contact therefore it is essential you possess excellent customer care and communication skills. You will possess excellent digital skills and have experience of using and administering Revenues and Benefits Services using Northgate or through another recognised system.
• Own the online Customer Experience and to optimise the customer journey through transactional services with a main focus on Revenues, Benefits and Housing
• Aid in delivering clear, realistic processes and guidelines for creative execution on-line and ensuring adherence to those guidelines
• Take accountability for robust performance management, quality assurance checking and procedures
• Establish an on-line voice of the customer and help drive that KPI across the business
• Work closely with the services to establish causes of customer contact and take action to reduce contacts
• Manage third party suppliers and oversee the role of the systems administrators for corporate systems
• To assist in creating business cases to justify new development which enhances the customer experience and reduces costs
• To keep abreast of developments in the area of Revenues, Benefits and Customer Experience and be the advocate of change and development in that area, to keep delivering a superior customer experience for customers
• Deliver, manage and lead a high performing Benefits and Revenues service to include fraud prevention, appeals, reviews and tribunals, Benefit payments and subsidy claims.
• Be the advocate within the organisation for an Omni-Channel customer experience, and be the voice of the customer on appropriate projects across the organisation